If you've decided to make the jump and convert your automatic transmission to a manual gearbox you've come to the right place. If you're interested in competitive motorsport, track days and events or simply enjoy the control manual shifting gives the driver, an automatic to manual conversion for your transmission is a no-brainer.
However, this work is often more complex than you might think and there are numerous things to consider:
Due to these considerations, we recommend evaluating what your requirements for the conversion will be, and then calling us on 09 274 8340 to discuss.
- Your vehicle make and model - some vehicles are more difficult than others
- Number of gears required (4, 5, or 6)
- Type of gearbox: conventional synchromesh or dog engagement - a dog box conversion is recommended for track cars only as it's unsuitable for street use
- Compatibility with vehicle management system (i.e. electronics, inhibitor switch, etc.)
- Clutch type needs to be considered, in general its inadvisable to fit a competition-solid clutch to a road vehicle
- New or second-hand gearbox
- Costs can be considerable depending on the application, vehicle type and your requirements
Costing can widely vary depending on the above factors and in order to give you the most accurate breakdown of our work, we will need to have a preliminary conversation.
Check out the conversion we did for a Monaro.